This is a position for an experienced hands-on Senior Housekeeper who wishes to join a team in a sophisticated but informal household in Toronto, Canada. This position is best suited for someone who is extremely comfortable in the kitchen, is an experienced confident housekeeper, and enjoys a busy environment. Other staff in the home include a House Manager, a part-time Cook, a weekend Housekeeper, and a twice-weekly Cleaner. The Estate Manager for all the principals’ properties also works from the home.
The ideal candidate will be someone seeking a long-term, full-time position. Work hours are Monday-Friday, 9:30 am – 6:00 pm. Flexibility and some weekends are required, and overtime will be paid in these cases. The Housekeepers are expected to work on Christmas Eve.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position
– Regular daily housekeeping of two kitchens, washrooms, and master suite
– In summer, daily upkeep of outdoor patios and lawn cushions
– Daily laundry and wardrobe management
– Weekly cleaning of three areas of the home (the cleaner does the others)
– Regular morning and end of day detailing of certain areas of the home
– Following a basic monthly household maintenance schedule in collaboration with the House Manager
– Cleaning and organization of closets, drawers, and cupboards
– Assisting the House Manager with all entertaining in the home
– Seasonal deep cleaning and special projects as required
– Taking care of the household china and silver
– Conducting household inventories as required
– Occasional cooking assistance as required (this role is only as an occasional sous chef)
– Helping with door management, being mindful of security
– Running household errands as required
– Other related or non-related duties as needed
Profile of the candidate sought
– Is service-oriented, discreet, and respectful
– Is comfortable with maintaining a fine wardrobe with excellent ironing skills and a good understanding of fabrics
– Has excellent cleaning skills and enjoys cleaning
– Has an excellent eye for details and a fine hand
– Is quick on their feet with an excellent work ethic and time-management skills
– Is a confident individual who can think for themselves and work independently
– Is willing to pitch in under any circumstances, regardless of the task
– Has a genuine commitment to professional housekeeping
– Has a valid Ontario driver’s license and a clean driving record
– Has excellent mastery of the English language
– Has a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
– Is legally entitled to work in Canada
Conditions of employment
This is a live-out position; accommodation is not provided.
Full-time permanent contract / 100% permanent contract.
CAD $1100 Net per week (or $77,565 gross annually).
How to apply ?