Our valued returning client is in search of a dedicated and well-organized House Manager/Personal Assistant to join their team and oversee the efficient functioning of a luxurious ultra-high-net-worth (UHNW) family estate located in Lagos, Portugal. The estate encompasses a main residence, a guest house, staff accommodations, and a variety of amenities. We are looking for a candidate with prior experience in managing households for high-net-worth individuals. This role necessitates a hardworking and self-motivated individual with outstanding organizational skills. Proficiency in both Portuguese and English is a mandatory requirement, while fluency in Spanish would be an advantageous asset.
This position is a permanent, full-time role, and the successful candidate should be available to commence their duties as soon as possible.
Responsibilities and Tasks for the Position Include:
- Supervising various projects on the estate to ensure they are completed in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Coordinating with contractors and suppliers to meet project deadlines and budget constraints.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the property, including the main residence, guest house, and staff accommodations.
- Ensuring that all facilities are maintained to the highest standards.
- Maintaining detailed records of household inventories, including valuable assets, art collections, and antiques.
- Monitoring stock levels and coordinating restocking when necessary.
- Managing and overseeing a team of chefs, nannies, personal assistants, housekeepers, and handyperson.
- Ensuring seamless coordination of services to meet the family’s needs.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the household staff to create a harmonious and efficient work environment.
- Offering training and coaching to enhance the team’s performance.
- Planning and executing special events and gatherings on the estate, including logistics, catering, decorations, and guest arrangements.
- Being hands-on when required, particularly during the housekeeper’s or handyperson’s time off.
- Coordinating daily activities to ensure the household operates smoothly.
- Assisting in household organization and the establishment of new household routines.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for contractors and maintenance personnel.
- Developing house manuals and spreadsheets to facilitate efficient processes and orders.
- Managing household purchases, bills, and accounts.
- Scheduling and supervising home and vehicle maintenance to ensure their optimal condition.
- Attending to the principal’s phone calls and assisting in scheduling appointments.
- Handling various administrative tasks, including printouts and errands.
- Eligibility to work and reside in Portugal or the European Union.
- Proficiency in both Portuguese and English (knowledge of Spanish is a plus).
- Previous experience in managing high-net-worth households is essential.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multitask effectively.
- A calm demeanor and the ability to handle high-pressure situations gracefully.
- Working days: 5 days on, 2 days off per week.
- Flexibility required when the family is in residence (approximately 50% of the time).
- Significant downtime when the family is away traveling.
- Accommodation provided in a shared staff apartment (with a separate bedroom and bathroom).
- Meals provided while on duty.
- 1 month of paid vacation.
Salary for the House Manager:
A generous salary will be offered to the right candidate, and it will be discussed during the hiring process.
How to apply ?